'Living With Chronic Pain' by Neil Berry1 is designed to help you if:
- you have suffered with persistent pain for months or even years;
- you have undergone extensive medical investigations but your pain remains a puzzle;
- your pain is related to a medical condition but it is more severe than the doctors expect;
- your pain significantly interferes with your activities, moods or relationships;
- your pain is poorly controlled.
'Living with chronic pain' is not specifically intended for people with cancer pain or for people who might describe their emotional difficulties as a form of pain. However, the four relaxation tracks and the "Managing negative emotions" track may well benefit anyone who wishes to improve their ability to relax or to deal with anxiety and depression.
1Neil Berry is an NHS Consultant Clinical Psychologist with Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust in Hythe, Southampton.